Arranging a Funeral
After the death of a family member or close friend, it is important to know that you can depend on experienced, professional people to make all the arrangements to ensure the funeral flows smoothly.
It is important that you choose the funeral ceremony that is right for you and your family. Vospers Funeral Services can guide you through the choices available, and will take care of all the details. Our caring team of professionals will liaise with clergy and celebrants, doctors, hospitals, government departments, coroners and other officials, crematoriums and cemetery authorities so you don’t have to worry.
We can also arrange music and musicians including an organist, place notices in the newspapers, and provide vehicles, order family flowers, organise the audio or video/DVD recording of the service, arrange the placement of ashes and memorials, and anything else you require.
Staff at Vospers are available to speak to local community groups and schools about funerals, and we are also pleased to host community groups at our premises.
Making the right choices
Vospers Funeral Services can explain the choices available:
- The different types of ceremony, religious or otherwise
- The best location for the service: a church or chapel, at home, at the graveside or crematorium
- Who should officiate: a priest, minister, celebrant or family members
- Whether you want to view the deceased, and where the viewing should be
- Whether you want to have a burial or cremation
- Whether you want flowers or charitable donations
- The most appropriate funeral notice
- Casket selection
- The order of service, the choice of music and hymns
- Venue for a post-funeral get together and how to arrange it
- Any other professional help is available
Taking care of the details
Once the choices are made, it is up to you how little or how much you require of Vospers professional and experienced staff in helping with arrangements.
We can take care of the following details:
- The registration of death and necessary documentation
- Contacting appropriate burial or cremation authorities, as well as contacting the doctor, coroner or hospital and collection of certificates
- Arranging national or international transportation or repatriation within New Zealand or any other country
- Liaising with clergy or funeral celebrants, assisting with the service and organising funeral details
- The provision and preparation of the casket, which you can select from our onsite showroom.
For more information or advice please click here or phone Vospers Funeral Services.